Friday, October 10, 2014

NEWS: Interview of Dakota Johnson with Variety (Oct. 2014)

Johnson is forging her own path as a third-generation Hollywood actress. She first appeared in the 1999 dramedy “Crazy in Alabama” alongside her mother, Melanie Griffith (herself the daughter of Tippi Hedren). Johnson's father is Don Johnson.

Next year, the 25 year old will show auds a new color in the highly anticipated adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel “Fifty Shades of Grey,” which bows Feb. 13. She plays college student Anastasia Steele, who is seduced by millionaire businessman Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan).

Johnson's hopeful about the reception that her revealing role, which has already gained considerable social media buzz for its sensuality, will receive once it hits theaters. “I don't know if it has changed my career yet, but it's definitely much different from the roles I have take on. I am a different person with each story I take on. All of my films have been pretty different.”

In the past few years, the actress has grown into each role she has stepped into. Johnson has appeared in the laffer “21 Jump Street” with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, the romantic comedy “Beastly” and the fast-moving thriller “Need for Speed” with Aaron Paul.

Noting that it is sometimes challenging to be viewed as a “singular person” in the industry in which her family has made such an indelible mark, Johnson says it was integral to piquing her interest in film from an early age. “I grew up around talented people and it was the thing that I loved the most,” she says. “It is the place that I feel the most comfortable so I figured it's the thing I was supposed to do.” Johnson will next be seen opposite Johnny Depp in “Black Mass,” the crime “A Bigger Splash” and the comedy “Chloe and Theo.”

— Jordyn Holman


Source: @Variety

No comments:

Post a Comment